Friday 18 January 2008

Singin' in the Rain (Jan. 11, 2008)

Although I was excited for my first London rain, my excitement has since ceased. When I got up this morning for our orientation meeting at 7:30, it was very dark outside and the rain for the day was only just beginning. We walked to Imperial College in the pouring rain and my socks were soaked through my Uggs and squishing the entire way (Dad- the top of the Uggs didn’t look wet, perhaps we missed a small spot along the seam where the sole meets the fabric). The rain made everyone grumpy, including me, but after a nice lunchtime nap I woke up to sunny skies and a new tude.

We went to a “social orientation” this afternoon where we heard about a lot of travel companies and their excursions. Very interesting. Afterwards, a trip to the grocery was in order while the rain was still gone. I got the necessities, including Activia, which here comes in a multitude of flavors. I got the eight pack with kiwi, strawberry, mango and apricot, but I noticed others such as fig, rhubarb, natural, cherry, currant and “cereal”…

Tonight we are venturing out on the town and headed to a place suggested by my favorite veteran Londoner. Thank you Miss Maggie Brown!

No comments: