Friday 18 January 2008

Safe and Sound in London town (Jan. 9, 2008)

(Title compliments of Lisa Noe)

I have arrived- in every sense of the word.

Last night I landed in London and fell in love. Rainy, yes, but magical all the same. After a night at the Regency (thanks to AB), we met all the chumps who took the group flights at the flats. I was soon informed that I had the Penthouse Suite, otherwise known as Flat 5, which sounded cool until I had to drag my weight in luggage up five extremely narrow flights of stairs. I have five roommates, three in one room with me and two in the other, a common room and a small kitchen. It is much cozier and cleaner than the poverty I was expecting. And my street is so cute. Straight out of Love Actually.

After settling in a little, and I stress a little, we walked to some library and then past Kensington Gardens and then to a pub for my first, and probably last, Fish and Chips. After waiting over 2 1/2 hours to eat, a lot of the group got restless and two girls got really drunk. They got lost on the way to the lecture on how to be safe while out drinking. Ironic.

Now I am at home blogging alongside two other roommates who are blogging. We are so journalism. I am about to attack my second suitcase and maybe even the shower- hey I’m feeling adventurous.

-An American girl in London

No comments: