Friday 18 January 2008

On the Side- means extra (Jan. 10, 2008)

Today I saw London by bus. We went past the school where Madonna’s daughter goes, the concert hall where Elton John plays and saw a 750 lb. queen. Oh yea, we also saw the Royal Albert Hall, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, all the major museums, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey and the changing of the guards (video up soon). For those of you keeping track, I wore my Uggs, dark Joe jeans, black jacket and pink scarf.

Check out a picture from today: Changing of the Guards

Today was also my first London rain. Fortunately, I was prepared with my weather proofed Uggs and cute umbrella. After the tour we got cell phones (I have free incoming calls if you want to ring me up), did a little shopping and then headed home. I bought cute house shoes for 3 lbs.

I have become the group’s resident navigator. I have been able to find our way home on more than one occasion and have really impressed my roommates with my directional skills. I’m like American Express: they will never leave home without me.

We ventured out to a London eatery tonight and I had my first falafel. Very tasty. There was a table of American boys next to us and when we sat down, they immediately asked “where in America are you guys from?” (They go to school in North Carolina and I dibbed the dark haired boy in the back with the lacoste half zip. They were very impressed that we are here the entire semester because they are only staying until the end of the month.) I also learned that when I asked for the chili sauce on the side of my sandwich, I got it on the side and on my sandwich as well. So apparently I asked for extra. Noted.

The boys invited us to meet them at some place called Tiger Tiger. We are unsure whether this is a real club or not. After investigation, I will have more to post.

No comments: