Friday 18 January 2008

Drapers (Jan. 14, 2008)

Just got back from my interview for my internship. Amazing. I will be the most fabulous person in London yet.

Drapers is one of Emap Publishing’s magazines, but they have many (like Time Inc). The building is right outside of the tube station and from the outside has like giant cat statues and Grecian columns, weird, I know. But the inside was so modern with glass walls and doors everywhere and bright colored furniture. Very techy.

There is another girl from my program who will be working there also, so we interviewed together. My supervisor was away at a photo shoot (so cool) so two others interviewed us. They were very nice and I think impressed with how articulate I was. I made a point of mentioning London Fashion Week (or LFW) so that they would know I was interested. Hopefully that will secure me some tickets to some shows!

They wanted us to start working later this week… I’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, check out their website: www.drapersonline.com.

Tonight is the first night of class. Should be pretty low key. Our teacher is from Mizzou, so she knows what’s up.

No comments: