Sunday 27 September 2009

Recessionista

Being unemployed allows you time to do all the things you couldn't do if you were working.

This week, midweek, I went to hang out with my sister in the city. I had been wanting to try out this class that she takes at the Dailey Method on Damen, so when my beloved Daily Candy offered me a coupon for half off a class (an individual class is usually $2o, not affordable for the unemployed), I jumped at the opportunity because another wonderful thing about being unemployed is that I have become quite the recessionista (For those of you who aren't familiar with the term, a recessionista is someone who makes do with what they have during tough financial times and looks fabulous while doing it. Thank you, Urban Dictionary).

The class totally kicked my ass, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to tone and tighten. Still a dancer at heart, I loved all the barre work and the dancer-turned-Dailey-Method-owner, Tami.

Afterwards, my sister (the ultimate recessionista) and I went to Coast aka sushi heaven. For those of you who are thinking that it is a swanky place that doesn't vibe with the recessionista way of life, you are wrong. It is BYOB, so there. And the sushi is worth the price, just ask Megan Baldassarre.

No comments: