Saturday 5 September 2009

Hooray! Hoorah! Mizzou! Mizzou!

So I thought that not having a first day of school would be hard, but today I realized not having a first football game of the season is even harder.

Even though I slept in a black and gold sweatsuit and made my parents do a "M-I-Z... Z-O-U" at 9 a.m. this morning, it just wasn't the same. No fight song to wake my roommates up, no Morrow Casserole to feed them and certainly no Frat Pit to tailgate in (okay, okay, Frat Pit has been gone for two years now, but I will always remember it as an essential part of football season). I felt even more like a forty year old who lives with their parents than ever.

Mom and Dad were good sports though. They were wearing Mizzou sweatshirts and t-shirts when I got up, and Dad even hung my Mizzou flag out in front of our house. We had some game time snacks, and then a Tiger victory made the afternoon complete. All in all it turned out okay, but it sure wasn't Columbia.


(Last year's tailgate in St. Louis with my favorite Mizzou football fans)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was someone missing from your favorite Mizzou fans photo?

We need to figure out what game were using for Dad's weekend.