Thursday 17 April 2008

Frisbee

Yesterday was one of my favorite days in London. I woke up to sunshine and headed to the highly-anticipated Tower of London (of course my camera battery ran out when I got there, but don't worry, Sarah got a picture of me with the ravens).

The Tower was actually really cool (thanks to the weather I'm sure). Our first stop was to the infamous ravens that Grandma Barb told me to see. They were huge! Their wings are clipped to keep them from flying away, so they kind of bounce around their green lawn. Their attempts to fly looked more like a deranged chicken dance, or some dance I have yet to even discover, but I loved it.

We checked out the Jewel House too (complete with moving conveyor belts like at the airport) and saw an incredible amount of wealth. Strange to think that a some points during history people actually carried around jewel-studded swords...

The rest of our time was spent viewing the grounds from above via raised walkways (oh and we saw the underwhelming 'Torture at the Tower' exhibit). The weather was amazing (finally) and made the trip really excited. I just wish I had my camera.

Afterwards, I grabbed lunch with some of my favorite people on the trip. I am very thankful for these fun conversationalists who have the ability to make me forget my 9 day countdown.

The afternoon was spent in Hyde Park frisbeeing (definitely not a word). Of course my team won, but this was honestly some of the most fun I have had in weeks, and I think everyone else enjoyed themselves too. It's nice to know I can still run continuously for 20 minutes :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I understand about that 'not having a camera' thing.
20 minutes of non-stop running sounds like a 5K or a return to soccer.
Glad you had a great day!