Saturday 22 March 2008

Mom and Dad are here!

Mom and Dad arrived safely (although delayed) this morning! They had all their luggage (which is a step up from Lisa's visit), but somehow forgot to pack cameras. I think they were so excited at the prospect of seeing me that they couldn't be bothered to remember cameras.

Today we got them settled and they finally saw the infamous flat 5 at 40 Hogarth. Mom said it was everything she expected (and probably nothing more). I made sure their first meal was fish and chips and then we headed to the markets on Portobello Road. We were a little late, but I think they got the idea, plus it was absolutely freezing so I don't think they minded cutting the trip a little short.

I don't know why everytime someone comes to visit me it gets colder. I think they maybe bringing some Chicago weather with me so that I don't feel left out of this miserable winter they have been experiencing. Honestly, I'd be fine without it.

( The picture is of Mom, Dad and I on their last study abroad visit: Spring Break with Lisa in Barcelona. This year's visit doubles as a 30th anniversary trip too, so you know it's going to be better.)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

You all look wonderful! Have a great time! :)

L. Noe said...

doubt it, kristin.