Monday 17 March 2008

A hair raising adventure

I did it. I allowed someone besides my trusted stylist at home to cut (and color) my hair. After more than two months here, I decided I was in definite need of a haircut and also, if my nerves would allow it, a highlight (blonde hair doesn't stay this nice on its own). Two of my flatmates had had success at a salon down the street from us, so Saturday morning I got up ready to beg them to fit me in. I got an appointment for later that afternoon, which allowed for a quick trip to Brick Lane in hot pursuit of a bagel shop my friends wanted to try (Beigel Bake on Brick Lane- open 24 hours, delicious and cheap).

I had been in the salon previously to check out the prices and had been given a coupon for 25% off appointments with their new stylist (here's where the weakness of the dollar forces me to put my hair at risk). Jay was very nice and although he does foils (highlights) in the strangest way I have ever seen, it turned out really great. He was WAY overbooked for that day, so while I waited for him to cut and style my hairm (after it was colored), I got a deep conditioning treatment, steam treatment and head and neck massage while I waited.

The cut is a little cheesy (very layered) but I think it will allow me to wear my hair wavy more often (which is perfect for the foggy bottom I am living in). If I wasn't at work, I would attach a picture for people to comment on.

No comments: