Thursday 27 March 2008

Mid-week recap with Mom and Dad

Good news- Mom and Dad survived on their own on Tuesday! I met them after work and we headed to Covent Garden to the Royal Opera House to watch a masterclass of Royal Ballet dancer Edward Watson and his coach. The Linabury Studio was a very intimate venue for the rehearsal, and this has definitely been on of my favorite london experiences. I think Mom and Dad liked it too.

Yesterday they came with me to my weekly British Life and Culture lecture on the British legal system, which was actually entertaining and very relavant. After class I took them to the Kensignton Creperie and then back to my flat to check internet and clean up after my roommates. We had our "field trip" in the afternoon, which was a tour of the inns of court in the Temple area. Our guide was very interesting until the tour took over an hour and a half and we didn't get to see legal proceedings in the Royal Courts of Justice (where Paul McCartney and that bitch just settled their divorce).

We met Sarah for High Tea at the Hyatt Regency. The feast they brought us was delicious yesterday, but not so good last night when I spent hours in the bathroom. It's my own fault for ignoring all my dietary restrictions.

Stuffed and exhausted from the walking tour with no end, we saw Lars and Real Girl last night at the Odeon in Covent Garden- a real tearjerker... well at least for me. I would suggest this movie to just about anyone. It's funny (?) and heartwarming.

Today I am back at work (despite the lack of sleep I got last night) and Mom and Dad are at the changing of the guard, London Eye, and Tower of London. We are meeting tonight at Vinopolis, a wine museum with self guided tours and wine tasting. Afterwards, dinner with suzi and a bath in my parents' hotel.

Hopefully I get work off tomorrow...

No comments: