Saturday 14 August 2010

As Ludacris Would Say...

Roll out.

Yes, this past week was, what we in the biz call, fall roll out (did anyone get The Break Up reference?). I probably should have just set up a cot in the stock room with how much I was at the store. But I am really proud of how great everything looks and am in love with the buzz of a new collection.

Our marketing right now is also really cool- and really poignant. It's based on finding a wardrobe that "works for life," which I love. When I moved home from college I realized that all I owned were sloppy sweats or "going out clothes." Then I went through the all-I-do-is-work faze where I would only buy "work clothes" because that's all I did (what a difference a couple months makes). Now, I am hoping to buy clothes that don't make me want to change as soon as I get home from work, and that is what I am basing my new fall wardrobe on. Check out this cool commercial for the fall collection- all the people in the marketing are people taken off the streets of New York, or at least, they aren't models:



I think what I love the most about roll out though is the fresh start that fall and back to school brings. As far as new beginnings go, I definitely prefer this time of year to New Year's. Maybe it's because it accompanies a change of season, or maybe because it's not as forced, but either way, I have my goals for the month all set and am looking ahead to a lot of changes for the rest of the year.

No comments: