Monday 12 October 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I can't believe we are 12 days into October and I haven't even plugged Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

My family and I are more of year-round breast cancer awareness supporters (below is a picture from the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer 2006), but I will have a pink ribbon on my Twitter avatar this month and am eating my Yoplait and "saving lids to save lives."


I cannot stress the importance of early detection enough. Getting regular screening tests is the best way for women to lower their risk of dying from the disease because they can find the cancer early- when it is most treatable. If you want more information, check out the Susan G. Komen web site. It is a wealth of information.

While there is still no cure, we need more research! So let's fund breast cancer research. Lisa's blog featured a post on Pretty in Pink, which features spa deals for $31 for the 31 days of October (all to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer).

Hanes is also Passionately Pink for the Cure. I heard Sarah Chalke on the Eric and Kathy show talking about a pink party that she and her sister had I immediately called Lisa to tell her we should do one. If you are looking for ideas for your own pink party, Komen will help you out!

Finally, Marie Clare has an entire slide show of products that benefit breast cancer research- everything from ChapStick to coffee makers. Check it out!

2 comments:

L. Noe said...

Also, check out these deals supporting the cause on the Lucky Mag website: http://www.luckymag.com/shopping/2009/10/breastcancer_awareness

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking the time and making an effort to keep this important issue out front.