Tuesday 8 June 2010

Kale Chips


This recipe has quickly become a Noe family favorite and even a favorite of one of the families I sit for- and it could not be easier!

Simply rip the kale from the stalk into chip-sized pieces (my mom and I have even found some store that carry ready to eat kale in those plastic boxes). In a large bowl, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the chips onto a baking sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes on each side. You may have to watch the first time until you are comfortable with how quickly they bake in your oven. In our old oven, it took more like 8 minutes on a side, but in the new one 4 or 5 is just fine. Some times I sprinkle a little extra salt on when I flip them over too. After you feel they are sufficiently crispy, take them off the cookie sheet and place them into a bowl for serving! Bon appetit!

*This snack is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan friendly!

No comments: