Friday 16 April 2010

Spicy Soba Noodle in Peanut Sauce

Boy, do I love peanut sauce. So when I saw this recipe in my Vegan Comfort Food cookbook, I knew I had to try it. And it was a great success! Next time, I would add more veggies.


While the soba noodles were cooking, I steamed carrots, broccoli and frozen peas (about a cup each) for about 5 minutes. Then, I put the noddles (drained, not rinsed) and the steamed veggies aside while I heated 1 tbs. peanut oil in my wok. I added 1 red bell pepper (sliced), 3 chopped green onions (only the white part) and 1/2 a cup diced celery. After sauteing for 4 minutes, I added the drained noodles and steamed veggie and then dumped on the sauce until everything was coated (I used 365 Organics Peanut Sauce from Whole Foods). Pretty Easy!

*Soba noodles are gluten free if they are made from 100% buckwheat!

2 comments:

L. Noe said...

Yum. I love Peanut Sauce, too!

Sarah said...

This sounds so good. More posts ! More posts !