Monday 24 August 2009

Yet Another "Gap"

So, I have come to yet another metaphorical gap in my life and can think of no better way to get through it than blogging about it.

Today was the first day of school for (what seemed like) everyone beside me. It was the first time that I too wasn't going back to school, and it didn't feel good. I have been searching for a job since April, to no avail, and today was only a reminder that while everyone else is starting anew I remain stationary in a life where there is no difference between the week and the weekend.

But, I am going to take advantage of this "gap" too. Being unemployed allows for lots of free time for projects, including vegan and vegetarian cooking projects. Today I am trying out a recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies. I just started, but when they come out of the oven, I'll let you know what I think.

2 comments:

Annie Harp said...

I feel all your pain. This is the weirdest time in my life. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern and have no idea why. I hope for good things for both of us very soon.

chelsea said...

amen, my dear. this sucks.