Saturday 18 October 2008

So, as it turns out senior year is actually really busy. So busy in fact that I haven't blogged in one month, which is terribly sad because I have had quite a few exciting developments in my soon-to-be-a-college-graduate world.

Last month, I had an interview with a recruiter from Southern Progress Corporation, which is the division of Time, Inc. that publishes Cooking Light, Heath, Southern Living, etc. Besides the magazines, this branch also has book publishing, advertising and web development divisions. The interview was an open interview that the J-school sets up so that students can meet recruiters hear more about the jobs/internships and then get their resume in someone's hands before the actual applications are due. The woman I met with was nothing but nice and made me really excited about their 6 month (paid) internships for post grads. I am applying for the graphic design internship, which in the past interns have been able to work with the art directors for different magazines. What an awesome opportunity. The only downfall, I would have to move to Alabama for 6 months... she did say it's near the beach though :)

This week, I found out I was accepted into the most competitive capstone in the magazine department of the J-School: Advanced Magazine Design. I was really nervous because I essentially came to Mizzou so that this would be my capstone, and last semester 40 students applied and only 16 got in. I didn't think I would find out for a couple of weeks, (I turned in my materials on Tuesday) but Thursday night I got an email that I was accepted! Very exciting for me!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

woop! see you in class, lovely. how's your pumpkin working out for you?